Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New year a New Blog..

So with a new year comes man things. I know I have been very absent from my blog. There have been a lot things going on in m life this past year. I continue to loose near and dear friends to Melanoma and it just became very overwhelming for me almost too much for me to bear at one point. Then I had medical issues once again that put me in the hospital several times and I ended up have yet another lung surgery along with a few other operations. But I think the biggest blow in 2008 was my dad being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. You see my dad is my best friend in the entire world!! Hearing this news made me go into "fix it" mode right away. I was not going to hear the word "die" and my dad in the same sentence that was just not going to fly with me. When I was not comfortable with the first doctor he was at I looked my mom and dad in their eyes and told them how I felt. That if I could beat the odds at stage 4 with my cancer their was no reason why he couldn't with his. I once again went to my maker and prayed for help and guidance. I also turned to those great prayer warriors that prayed over me in my time of need and asked them all to lift my dad and all the doctors taking care of him up in prayer. I am happy to report that my dad has finished up his last round of chemo one month ago. He is in a trial and will continue to take pills (5 of them every day) and he sees his cancer doctor every other week and gets scans every 3 weeks. Please keep him and my mother in your prayers.

Now this is the big news that I have saved for the very end of this entry.
I have decided with the new year I am going to close out this blog. This blog represents a time in my life where I had much sorrow and sadness. I don't want that for myself anymore. I am going to start a new blog so please look for it. I will be posting my creations on it and keeping everyone updated on my dad and of course my 2 boys Zachery and Nathan, boy have they grown!! I will probably be calling it Memory Making Mom and I hope to see you all there!!

Love to all of you!!
Hugs,
Christine :)

3 comments:

Patty said...

Hey Christine..long time no contact.I helped you with Shannon's memorial album.What a wonderful thing you did..I think about her family all the time. Prayers to you and your family.Can't wait to see your new blog. Blessings, Patty

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.